There's a fox in my garden. what am I going to do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is pretty self explanatory. I have a fox in my garden that likes to sunbathe and eats the raspberries and strawberries I am attempting to grow. grrrrr. My garden backs out onto the local woods where the foxes live. I have tried fencing up the gap but they keep coming back. How can I deter them from coming in the garden? I'm a bit scared he will attack my rather docile cat!!

Sponsored Links
put it this way, if you could get a free meal whenevr you want would you go and pay for it?

You need to make your fruit fox proof, (and bird proof) so the fox will go away try a wooden cage, for more info i found this for you

You could always arrange to have a hunt in your garden, with a lot of the unthinkable chasing the uneatable.
I don't know where you live but if in the shires you will probably find his ancestors have lived there for centuries before your house was built.
This is nature, accept it and enjoy.
P.S. Foxes have tended to learn.....................don't touch a cat, dog yes (ferrule(wild) cats very vicious), cat no.
And try growing gooseberries!! nobody likes them !!

As we are on the topic of foxes. We also have foxes that visit our garden. We are thinking of purchasing a couple of rabbits - would they be safe with foxes around.

Sponsored Links
No,unless there're lock up in the hatch and in the shed.If you're going have one outside make sure the cage is well built.See this for more info.

I don't think the foxes in our area have been told not to touch cats yet.... one was seen recently crossing a busy road with a 'moggie' between it's teeth! and a neigbours cat has had a few run-ins with them

Well, thankfully, my foxes seem to have gone, they only stayed for a couple of days this year, last year they were in my garden for a couple of months. I've been taking my cat on boxing lessons so maybe that worked...

Sarah I do think your cat needs to toughen up a little. Try feeding raw lambs hearts and lots of red meat. That should do the trick. Our cat, mousef**ker is the toughest puss in the street.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back