THERMONET Underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Does anyone know whether you can seperate the yellow heating wire from the blue mesh and just coil it up to loose it , so to speak? We have too much of the stuff and don't know how to use it.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Here is a link, thanks

http://www.leafcutterdesign.co.uk/thermonet-standard-150w-pi-247.html

Matty I have just read your post from about a year ago "Underfloor heating Do not install it" If we cannot loose the excess we are gonna have to install it under some carpet. I really do not want to do that but we might have to. Do you or anyone else have any comments/suggestions/recommendations about putting it under carpet? Can I use underlay?

the answer to your first question is NO you cant coil it up as it will over heat and catch fire. I dont Know if you can shorten the wire? Maybe put a link in the electrics forum to here?

Yes you can use under carpet, BUT you can only fit certain carpets over the top of it with a speacial underlay! ( its to do with a tog rating ) You will also feel the wires through the carpet and the life of your carpet will be reduced. Also be carfull that the temperature sendor is fitted correct, seen one of these kits burn holes through underlay the other week where not fitted correct. They also need to be RCD protected.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back