Thermostat not working after Hive install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently installed the hive v2 which worked fine.

But as soon as I went to remove to thermostat on the wall it all stoped working . Hot water doesn’t fire up. Boiler fires up for 1 min then stops , doesn’t warm the rads up.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

Here’s the stat: do I need to create a loop ?

My old receiver I just took off and put the new hive on . As it was the same.

Attachments

• 7270E78B-0A93-45FF-B37E-E29C9CEBD862.jpeg
    7270E78B-0A93-45FF-B37E-E29C9CEBD862.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
A boiler engineer come out and said he’ll need 4 hours to locate the wires and figure the problem. But I’m going pretty hands on. None of the wires have changed.

I also got told by him to put the red and yellow together in the thermostat in a chocoblox and the earth and blue in a separate box.

But this tripped the Mains.

The thermostat light does not come on at all now. But I have power to the receiver.

Sponsored Links
You may have slightly misunderstood the boiler engineer. At the thermostat put the red and yellow together in a connector block, the earth on its own in separate connector block and blue on its own in a separate connector block. Do not connect the blue and earth together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back