Thermostat with a SAVE button on it. Don't know how it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how a central heating thermostat with a save button on it works?

Just moved house and now have a central heating system that has a thermostat for the central heating in the kitchen which has a SAVE button as well as a temperature wheel. When I turn on the heating the boiler doesn't fire up until I press the Save button. This means I can't get the heating to come on when I am out of the house. Anyone know anything about this kind of thermostat?
It is a British Gas 'ES1' model thermostat. I have tried British Gas and after ages on hold, they said that they would get someone technical to call me but that was Friday and I am still waiting for them to call. Please help as I am getting desperate!

Sponsored Links
The British Gas ES1 Thermostat is a real pain. The heating will come on after approx 15 minutes, the stat is intended to save money but just ends up being a pain. My advice is to have it replaced by a competant electrician or heating engineer.

the save button overrides the delayed start feature to bring the heating straight on. Set your timer to come on an hour earlier than you want it and you will find it operating just like an ordinary stat......stupid things.

Sponsored Links
It works! Comes on after 15 minutes as the man said. Brilliant. Can't thank you enough.
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back