Thermostatic controller / wireless receiver compatibility questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have a british gas installed/branded thermostatic controller and wireless receiver.

This is the wireless receiver:

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss83/al222b/KNB1530/P1013688a_zps1b63a57e.jpg

I want to upgrade the controller, so that I can set different timings for different days.

This is the one I want to purchase:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-digistat-3-room-thermostat/75750

My question is, will the new controller be compatible with my existing WR1 wireless controller?

If yes, great.

If not, I guess I’ll have to buy this more expensive set:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-digistat-3rf-room-thermostat/76816

Does anyone have any experience with these products who can shed light on this? I don't want to needlessly spend money!

Thanks,
Notting

Sponsored Links
No the first one is a wired controller. But if your existing BG one is RC+ which look the same as the ones in the picture it can be set up to be a 7 day controller in the settings. If you still have the instructions it tells you how to change it.

When you say 'wired' do you mean that the controller is wired to the wireless system? There is currently a third box, on which you set the actual temperature - and this is wireless.

Sponsored Links
No the first one (digitstat 3) is wired directly to the boiler instead of the wireless system. The second one (digistat 3 RF) is the same as you already have, if you do have a BG RC+. (Which you haven't answered) it is just rebranded by British Gas.

Right, sorry I thought that you just had a wireless programmer that did the times and temperature like your pictures for screwfix.
But you have a separate clock and wireless thermostat.
If it is just different times on different days that you want you can do that with that clock you have, but you need to change a link in the back of it. If you want I can explain how to do it.
If you want different temperatures at different times on different days then the second more expensive wireless digistat is what you will need, and the existing timer left on constant for heating.

Turn the power off first, then take the clock off by slackening the 2 screws underneath the same as you did with the wireless receiver.
On the back you will see 3 black jumper links. Pull the middle one out and put it back in to the right (it was on the left before)
Put clock back on turn power back on set your new times job done.

Turn the power off first, then take the clock off by slackening the 2 screws underneath the same as you did with the wireless receiver.
On the back you will see 3 black jumper links. Pull the middle one out and put it back in to the right (it was on the left before)
Put clock back on turn power back on set your new times job done.

Thanks @Johnmdc

That worked perfectly - good knowledge!!.

Cheers,
Notting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back