Thermostatic Shower Mixer Problems and Flow Rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me here please?

I have bought a bungalow with a gravity hotwater system with a Salamander ESP50CPV pump rated at 1.5 bar feeding a single thermostatic shower. I have had problems with lack of termperature at the shower but removing the cartridge, cleaning and refitting cured that. It is an unbranded mixer with I think a Bristan cartridge. When I removed the mixer both gauze filters had completely corroded away which makes me think it is not high quality!

However the flow is limited (about 4 litres/min) giving a poor shower experience. Flow with the cartridge removed from the mixer is a massive 30-odd litres/min so its not lack of supply!

Is this likely to be the max design flow of the mixer or could it still be a problem with a faulty cartridge restricting the flow?

I don't want to spend £50 on a new cartridge to find out it would have been better spent on a new thermostatic mixer with a better flow rate.

If a new mixer, any recommendations for something with a better flow rate for this set up?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back