Thermostatic shower panel problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all .hope everyones well!
Just had a luxor thermostatic shower panel installed in the loftroom which is one of those fancy ones with six jets on the side (cost me an arm and leg!)
problem is.. even though it has a thermostatic temperature control ..when I turn the control it either pumps out scalding hot water or when I turn it the other way it goes to freezing water. There seems to be no middle (usable) ground in terms of water temperature.

please help

Sponsored Links
Classic symptoms of the hot and cold being connected the wrong way round. (Yes I have done it too :oops: , though mine was connected with plastic & push-fit so didn't cost me much effort)

thanks Chris.. but it was installed by a 'professional' ?
PS. Also noticed that the thermostatic control moves the wrong way!
By this I mean that as you turn the knob to supposedly higher temperatures the water becomes colder!
IS this another classic sympton?

Sponsored Links
That definitely does sound like the hot and cold are the wrong way round!

For anyone else with the same problem, worth checking that the cold is connected to the stored water supply and not the mains water. This could have a similar effect.

Might I suggest you remove the shower handset and use the hose to give the "professional" 10 lashes? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back