Thermostatic valves?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone save me a trip to wikipedia and explain in close detail why exactly are some thermostatic valves suitable and others are not for a system that uses a combi boiler?

Is it simply just to do with the amount of pressure they can handle or is there something else to it?

What are potential problems with thermostatic valves?

Has anyone experienced any temperature problems with just a simple 3 in 1 mix it yourself tap (phone shower/bath filler and an overhead hidden pipe rain shower).

Now this will get a better discussion amongst ourselves I hope, despite the way I phrased the question!

Sponsored Links
I didnt realise first off that I was in a different section of the forum.. I guess some things work very well and thanks for putting my post and me in my place.. Well done DIYNOT!

Sorry there's a mark up price for any plumbing advice given out as from today.
You have to sign up for an account with the administrator. All cheques payable to DIYnot!
Nothing free in this world skipper. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i can give you this information for free

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermostatic_Radiator_Valve

otherwise my company charges £79 for the first hour, and Im not allowed to work privately.

ps i suppose your solution to any postal strike prior to christmas would be to employ itinerent eastern europeans

just be carefull of what you wish for :evil:

I dont get this witch hunt thing.
You boys are wicked!! :LOL: :LOL:

I offered you an olive branch with a relatively easy question and an opportunity for a better debate and you couldnt wait to desecrate it.

Whats that saying?? something something... like woman scorned!

Well... hell hath fury NOT like the boys on DIYNOT! :LOL:

Love you too! :cry:

Thanks for the WIKI link..

I was after info regarding thermostatic shower valves (some of which are suitable and some of which are not suitable for use with a combi boiler)..

I did not make that obvious.. oops :oops:

Thanks for the WIKI link..

I was after info regarding thermostatic shower valves (some of which are suitable and some of which are not suitable for use with a combi boiler)..

I did not make that obvious.. oops :oops:

Sorry, no can do.
Nothing free in this world skipper. :rolleyes:

Combi is mains pressured.

You can not have power showers with combi boilers because they require a pump and you are not allowed a pump on a mains supply due to water regs n back flow etc.

Hence why only certain showers are acceptable for combis.

I'm afraid, dear fellow, that you have s*£t in your own mouth through previous posts, and will more than likely get no change from anyone.
It may feel like a witch hunt, and that's because it is. :evil: :evil:

One of the problems with thermostatic valves is that good ones cost even more money than cheap ones. There are some good cheap ones, but only plumbers can get them so we can earn even more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back