Thermostats in every room instead of TRVs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to install gas central heating in my house, I will be fitting a wet system using Victorian style radiators. Instead of using TRVs I was wondering if I could have a digital thermostat in every room and then each thermostat would operate a motorised valve to control the radiators in that room. If all the cabling to the thermostats and motorised valves then terminated in a cupboard under the stairs could I then wire this into a plc so that I could then look / control the temperature in each room. However I would then like the ability to be able to go to any room and adjust a thermostat and override the plc setting. I would like a hard wired system rather than a wireless system. How would I go about finding out how to wire this system and what type of thermostats would I require as they would not only have to display the current room temperature but also have to be able to tell the plc what each room temperature was at. Would I be able to check the temperature of my house online? Is a system like this possible or even worth the effort? How would I wire it up and where would I obtain the parts from? I would be very grateful for any replies.

Sponsored Links
That sounds very expensive.

Why not just use TRVs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back