thicker gravel boards or other fencing option?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

In the winds last week I had 3 fence panels go. I'd repaired them in previous years so they are beyond repair now really.

Instead of preformed panels, which I can't get in my car, I'd rather buy gravel boards or some other treated timber lengths and stack them on top of each other in the concrete post slots. The slot is 2" wide but gravel boards seem only to be 19mm wide. Anyone know where I can get thicker gravel boards in the region of 35-40mm thick x6ft long x 100mm/150mm width?

Otherwise I'd have to double up on the 19mm ones.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Seems like a lot if extra work and cost. I'd look at standard panels if the only issue is getting them in the car. Buy a roof rack, get them delivered or rent a van. If you really want to go with boards then you could put one vertical at each end to double up.

Thanks. Im looking to do this as cheaply as possible. Buying a roof rack renting a van or getting them delivered all adds cost. Plus its hard lifting a panel into position on my own. I thought using solid pieces of timber would be more solid too, and one of the panels is an odd size so needs cutting, hard to cut a preformed panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back