Things to ponder over on a sleepless night

AdamW said:
However, I am YET to see an advert for a video-0898-type-thing. Why is that? Is it possible that my music teacher was right, and "Speak to hot chicks now!" phonelines are breaching the trade descriptions act?! :eek:

Interesting thought. In a 'reasonably similar' situation, I remember watching a documentary on these two lads who made millions in a scam. Basically what they did was advertise a range of 'bum toys' which would appeal to a certain market. They collected the money from the clients, but did not supply any goods (as they didn't really have any in the first place), and from the thousands of people who bought this product only 3 went to the police to report they had been conned. Very clever scam :p

Sponsored Links
There was a programme on tv about these lines a few months back and it really was staffed by women in slippers and scruffy tracksuits earning a fortune.

Apparently, they do it from home and just have a mobile phone linked into the 0898 no or whatever. They all do shifts and turn their mobiles off when they finish their shift :LOL:

Gary_M said:
I remember watching a documentary on these two lads who made millions in a scam. Basically what they did was advertise a range of 'bum toys' which would appeal to a certain market. They collected the money from the clients, but did not supply any goods (as they didn't really have any in the first place), and from the thousands of people who bought this product only 3 went to the police to report they had been conned. Very clever scam :p

This documentary wasn't called "Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels" by any chance? :LOL:

It's veyr similar to a con they suggested in this particular film. Although in the film, the idea was that they would claim the company went bankrupt and issue refund cheques from the payer of "a**e ticklers" and most people wouldn't cash the cheques. :eek:

Brightness said:
.......staffed by women in slippers and scruffy tracksuits earning a fortune. .......

Phwooaaaar
lovely.gif

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
This documentary wasn't called "Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels" by any chance? :LOL:

It's veyr similar to a con they suggested in this particular film. Although in the film, the idea was that they would claim the company went bankrupt and issue refund cheques from the payer of "a**e ticklers" and most people wouldn't cash the cheques. :eek:

Good film by the way, and I remember that bit now, but the documentary was based on a true scam - not sure if it happened before LS&2SB - so, not sure who should get the credit :)

Gary_M said:
Brightness said:
.......staffed by women in slippers and scruffy tracksuits earning a fortune. .......

Phwooaaaar
lovely.gif

Well in that case then, you'll be delighted to know that my attire this evening is pink pyjamas and Winnie the Pooh slippers with a Tigger hot water bottle keeping me warm :LOL:

Brightness said:
Well in that case then, you'll be delighted to know that my attire this evening is pink pyjamas and Winnie the Pooh slippers with a Tigger hot water bottle keeping me warm :LOL:

:eek:
flower.gif
fslap.gif
:oops:
galant.gif
rom_no.gif
stp.gif
nail.gif
gkiss.gif
smoke_1.gif
mar.gif
:eek:
shudder.gif

Actually, there is something about the mundane that I find attractive, you know, a plain girl? I am sure there is something deeply pyschological about that. :rolleyes:

One of Goldie Lookin' Chain's songs says: "I see you walking on the way home from work. Your Tesco tunic really drives me berserk."

I am feelin' it!

notb665 said:
Actually, there is something about the mundane that I find attractive.............

Agreed, I think that the 'dolly birds' look very false and un-natural. Does nothing for me :confused:

Brightness

"Well in that case then, you'll be delighted to know that my attire this evening is pink pyjamas and Winnie the Pooh slippers with a Tigger hot water bottle keeping me warm"

Oh Dear lol

Be still my beating heart ........lol
no wonder the dogs sleep on your bed ...as thats the only thing going on ..lol

do you wear a hairnet like Hilda Ogden too ? :)

Sponsored Links
Back