Thinking of getting into drain cleaning/unblocking,worth it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Everyone wants to be a plumber or gas man. I am thinking of getting into it at the other end, so to speak!

I am aware of Reatfast etc, but I would like to start this up as a sole trader ,doing it part-time, alongside my main occupation to start with. Just unblocking and cleaning really. Are there any qualifications/training courses that are obligatory.

Any advice would be well recieved?

Cheers Si

Sponsored Links
i would assume that to do your idea, you'd have to go into drain unblocking in a proper way....not just blocked waste pipe from my basin...cos people will ring a plumber for that.

As such youd have to get the right kit...camera etc...i suppose it might mean a lot of digging also !!

That is one shi.tty job fella!

I would say forget about it.. get yourself CORGI registered. Those guys are minted and hardly ever get dirty! Tool wise all you would need is a piece of string to measure things :LOL: :LOL:

(here we go again) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
yes their is proper training for drain jetting, insurance etc.

round here theres quite a few of us doing jetting

theres alot of mistakes that can be made if you do it wrong.

not much good doing part time with another job, people want you their when they call not when you finish work.

Most of this type of work is tied up with the big boys and franchise agents who work via insurance companies.

Save your money and keep clean esp if you only want to do it p/time.

Pete

I would say forget about it.. get yourself CORGI registered. Those guys are minted and hardly ever get dirty! Tool wise all you would need is a piece of string to measure things :LOL: :LOL:

You just like being abused dontcha?

Giro dipping bstrd. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dont bother getting Corgi everyone seems to hang their own boiler nowadays. :LOL:

And no we cant tell you how long a piece of string to get.

ask happyskyper, he seems to know alot about sh&t. sure hed be able to give you a buisness plan also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back