This Inhibitor any good?

N

nauseous

My mum needs some in her system. Hope it isn't poisonous :eek:.

6 1/2 rad bungalow. 1 ltr Ever Build P14 says treats up to 10 rads on bottle. Don't see the point spending more if this will do the job.

EVERBUILD P14 SYSTEM INHIBITOR is a multi-purpose treatment, specifically designed to protect the entire central heating system from scale, sludge and corrosion.

Benefits

· WRAS Approved formulation.

· Buildcert Performance Standard

· Compatible with all EVERBUILD central heating products.

· Does not contain mineral oil.

· compatible with plastic and fiberglass header tanks and with all metals used in central heating systems which includes iron, copper, steel, brass and aluminium.

· Suitable for microbore systems constructed from plastic pipes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/P14-Syste...136965?hash=item51dacbbfc5:g:QyMAAOSwT5tWMOfT

TY.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Since its the same or a higher price than the industry standard Sentinel X100 then I don't know why anyone would ever consider using it.

But then I feel that I have a duty to use the best for my customers.

Tony

This might be better or as good or it might be useless, I have no idea tbh. What I do know is I can get the everbuild P14 inhibitor far cheaper but put that particular eBay link up as some people go by cost and assume the more expensive it is, the better it must be.

Very foolish to assume that the more expensive something is then the better it is!

Usually just means the seller is making more profit.

Sponsored Links
Are we in agreement then and by buying sentinel X100 you may be paying for the name?

There is no independent testing of inhibitors.

But Sentinel and Fernox are large companies with brand names to protect so I am reasonably confident their products are likely to be as good as you can get.

Why do you think that by buying a cheap product is going to be as good as the market leaders?

Do you buy cheap food, cars, clothes, and go to MacDonalds?

Tony

I'm not expecting it to be as good, though it may well be. As long as it does the job it's designed to do I'm happy. I will pocket the savings and try one of those MacDonalds out or treat my wife to a bunch of flowers :rolleyes:. We can't all charge £50 an hour for flashing ones crack, some of us are not as affluent as you think we are.

On a side note Boilers being a filthy beast again and and now it's turned colder can only get ch by putting fan heater on it for 5 mins. Guessing the gas pressure valve needs tweaking again. Roll on spring..

Last edited by a moderator:
At a customer's house I charge £84 for 1.25 hours nominal time.

But then I have to travel to the house and back. In London that can take an hour or more each way.

I'm not expecting it to be as good, though it may well be. As long as it does the job it's designed to do I'm happy. I will pocket the savings and try one of those MacDonalds out or treat my wife to a bunch of flowers :rolleyes:. We can't all charge £50 an hour for flashing ones crack, some of us are not as affluent as you think we are.

On a side note Boilers being a filthy beast again and and now it's turned colder can only get ch by putting fan heater on it for 5 mins. Guessing the gas pressure valve needs treaking again. Roll on spring..

Yes, I do flash my crack most days & yes I do charge £50 an hour, be that as it may.
However, I can spell McDonalds.

On a side note Boilers being a filthy beast again and and now it's turned colder can only get ch by putting fan heater on it for 5 mins. Guessing the gas pressure valve needs treaking again. Roll on spring..

Yes, I do flash my crack most days & yes I do charge £50 an hour, be that as it may.
Me and Tony frequent a different burger joint to you then. You can charge what you like at my house though I'd still only pay you £30 per hr and trust me you'd have to jolly well earn it.

So, let me get this correct. You won't pay £50 an hour for the knowledge and skills of an experienced plumber/GSR installer, yet you come on here to ask the self same people for free advice while bad mouthing them at the same time?

Class act.

Me and Tony frequent a different burger joint to you then. You can charge what you like at my house though I'd still only pay you £30 per hr and trust me you'd have to jolly well earn it.

Well, you can jolly well f.ck off!! Plenty people appreciate quality service from an experienced & qualified tradesman.

I take it 'Mr Know-it-all', you've checked the Ph & PPM levels of you Mum's central heating system water?? Cause any monkey getting paid £30/hr will not have the equipment or knowledge to do that!!!

Last edited:
Lol, Jimmies rustled. Not bad mouthing anyone, some people seem to get a bit precious if they don't agree with others opinions, doesn't really bother me tbh, I always appreciate good advice.

Lol, Jimmies rustled. Not bad mouthing anyone, some people seem to get a bit precious if they don't agree with others opinions, doesn't really bother me tbh, I always appreciate good advice.

At least good advice when its free!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back