This makes me so angry!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why are shops letting children try these products in-store?
Why are parents buying the damned things for them?
Why are children being allowed, by their parents, to watch these videos on social media?
Why aren't children being allowed to be children for Gods sake?

Eight years of age and they are being encouraged by manufacturing charlatans that they must use these products if they want people to like/be attracted to them, otherwise they will be failures in life!
Manufacturers, video producers, et al, are in the same category as religious cult leaders in my book, and parents are the vulnerable disciples that follow their every word as gospel. :mad:

Makes me feel more aware of how lucky I was to grow up in the 60's, 70's and 80's when none of this $hit was being pedalled everywhere you turned.

Sponsored Links
Because they want to sell these wonder concoctions that claim to make your skin wonderful again, just like it was when you were a child.
Oh hang on - they still are.

Yes there needs to be a campaign to stop this, to boycott the sellers that do this, to teach the kids that they do not need it, to teach the parents that it is wrong for them to encourage and allow it.

Unfortunately it won't stop unless it becomes illegal to do so.

Makes me feel more aware of how lucky I was to grow up in the 60's, 70's and 80's when none of this $hit was being pedalled everywhere you turned.
It's been going on a lot longer than that!

Think back to Victorian times when adverts would appear for dubious products and even more dubious claims.

And, even further back, QE I used to plaster her face with all sorts of dangerous concoctions to make it look "better".

Let's face it, it is a different world now compared to a few decades ago, and yes in large part due to technology, social media and behemoths like YouTube. And there's absolutely nowt we can do to stop that.

Kids therefore have access to MUCH more information than we did. Yes parents can do things like limit screen time, have parental controls on devices etc. However kids either know how to circumvent this and/or they'll see the stuff on a mates device that doesn't have the restrictions on it.

As with many things, this subject is multi-faceted with no easy solution, if indeed there is a solution.

Sponsored Links
I agree with the comments you have all made. I think during my time frame, this stuff went on but it was aimed at the late-teens, early twenties rather than small children. There is no easy solution.
Except for parents to say, "Hang on, I'm just lining the pockets of other people instead of letting my little girl be a child. At her age I was playing with dolls, skipping, playing out etc."
As you say, no easy solution except legislation, and that is never going to happen because money is involved.
Such a sad, mixed-up world we live in these days. :(

I've long believed that how one's skin is looks wise , is mostly down to genes.
Given reasonable care and thought - don't lie in the sun all day ; don't wash with diesel, or bleach - of course.

All of this polybollockphenolretinolcomplex, is probably just marketing carp for “empty your wallet, oh gullible one".

All of this polybollockphenolretinolcomplex, is probably just marketing carp for “empty your wallet, oh gullible one".
shut-up-and-take-my-money-futurama(1).gif

Back