Three port diverter problem

Gentlemen, I apologise, I don't seem to be doing a very good job of helping you help me. I'll print myself an enlarged copy of the photo of the wiring above and take it with me to my son's on Saturday. I'll bury my head deep in his airing cupboard (with a lead lamp) positively identify each wire by doing a continuity test between each connection in the wiring box and where it is supposed to go and then note it on the photo before transferring this to a list.

Thanks for all your help and patience so far, Howard

Sponsored Links
I went to my son's today and checked all the wiring thoroughly, making sure that it all went where it should and can find no problems. I had mis-labelled a couple of wires in the photo for which I apologise. I then went through the tests in 'Mid Position Valve Problems'. The diagnosis showed 'cylinder stat is faulty' but it's brand new and tests showed that it was switching correctly. However I decided that at £40 for the cheapest B&Q programmer it was worth a try fitting a new one as my petrol bill over the past couple of weeks would have paid for it!

My son now appears to have working CH and HW. They work together and separately so hopefully that's that. I can only assume, as I did earlier, that the valve, when failing, took the programmar with it.

My heartfelt thanks to all who have tried to help me over the past couple of weeks.

Howard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back