Three wired thermostat replaced for two wired thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning I decided to replace my two way thermostat in the hallway with a three way Honeywell thermostat.

Not understanding the instructions I decided to guess how to wire the new thermostat up. I knew where the live went but was not sure with the other two. I ended up guessing where to connect the wires and blew a fuse in the kitchen and tripped the main circuit breaker this happened twice until I think I got the wires the right way round.

With the new Honeywell thermostat in place the boiler tried to fire but would not light. So I. Have put back on the old thermostat and again blew a fuse puting the wires in the wrong place.

The problem I have now is that the boiler when in the off position for the central heating and hot water can still be switched on by the thermostat in the hallway have I caused damage to some electrical component?

Sponsored Links
prob blown the clock and contacts inside are fused together now

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back