Wiring wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At present i have a Worcester boiler which carries two wires neither of which are live to a Honeywell manual thermostat. I wish to replace it with a wireless thermostat which of course needs to be powered. The new thermostat as four terminals, terminal one is marked (close), terminal two is marked (open), terminal three is marked (N) and terminal four is marked (L).
and above the N & L is printed AC95-250V. Can someone instruct me if a 240V plug can be wired to the thermostat and if so which of the four wires go to which terminal?
IMG_20181226_182803.jpg

Sponsored Links
nope the live and Neutral for any replacement stat and any other controls must all come from the same source i.e. the fused spur that feeds the boiler

Get a wireless thermostat that uses batteries, it's not wireless if you need to power it?? Only the base station/receiver needs L/N/E powered. As that would usually be sited close to the boiler, taking a power from the boilers fused spur shouldn't be an issue.

Sponsored Links
That thermostat appears to be a Mairuay thermostat GA version.

GA.JPG

From the diagram on the back,

detail.JPG

you can see that it is really designed to operate a motorised valve that requires a live output to open it [2], and a live output to close it [1]. In the UK this would be known as a MOMO valve and is extremely rare, only slightly less rare than hens teeth!

At present i have a Worcester boiler which carries two wires neither of which are live

There is no voltage free contact with this device, it can only provide a 230V live output, so it will not be a suitable direct replacement.

I suspect this is an item really designed for non UK installations. I have seen this type of thing bought in the UK on Amazon, when someone has inadvertently strayed from Amazon.co.uk and on to Amazon.com instead.

The GC version provides a "dry" or "voltage free" contact.

GC.JPG

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back