Ticking roof in the sun

C

Coniferman

When the sun comes out (or "goes in") I get a ticking noise from the roof. Not loud - just like someone tapping on the roof. I assume this is just the clay tiles expanding/contracting? (or could it be something else like soffits/gutters etc?)

Would I be right to think this is normal ? and that there is unlikely to be an easy way to prevent/reduce it from happening?

Sponsored Links
it might be plastic gutters and downpipes.

it might be plastic gutters and downpipes.

Could well be, thanks. They are black as well. Is it true black absorbs heat more? Could it indicate they need some maintenance - tighten screws for example? Anyway to confirm source or fix?

I guess it is not normally a problem but today was one of those days with sun one minute, cloud the next :evil:

You'll never stop it - its the plastic clips rubbing on the gutter and not a sign of any needed maintenance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back