Tidy WC connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitting my toilet (yes ignore the skirting etc it will all look good once finished.

Im guessing McAlpine or someone offer a solution to the soil pipe in the floor some sort of collar or something to hide the plastic soil pipe and orange pipe, how do i finish this area? Im thinking is it something like this product?

Attachments

• bog.PNG
    bog.PNG
    506.4 KB · Views: 44
  • ****chuteflange.PNG
    ****chuteflange.PNG
    447.1 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
No reason that the orange drain pipe can't be cut level with floor.
Oh for sure i will do that shortly, but still looks naff doesn't it trying to splurge a ring of silicone round it etc. Surely there is a product out there which tidies this up, hence me posting that Mcalpine part but not sure.

but still looks naff doesn't it
Hence why we might endeavour to finish the orange pipe below the flooring and accurately cut flooring to the profile of the white pipe. If you are where you are and cannot/will not lift the flooring, it might not look awful to make a collar out of a piece of the flooring - square with round hole would do, or out of some white PVC panel profiled appropriately if none are available to you

Sponsored Links
Hence why we might endeavour to finish the orange pipe below the flooring and accurately cut flooring to the profile of the white pipe. If you are where you are and cannot/will not lift the flooring, it might not look awful to make a collar out of a piece of the flooring - square with round hole would do, or out of some white PVC panel profiled appropriately if none are available to you

Ok this part would work also thats great thanks i wanted to check im on the right path. Yes if you look close i did cut those tiles quite well ie radius cut with a small grinder and blade. I will trim the pipe flush to the floor with a multi tool and fit one of those covers. Thanks.

Note, I wasn't particularly recommending that exact one as a snug fit - measure the diameter of the white pipe first before buying, as 110mm is likely to be more like the outer diameter of the orange pipe and your white pipe is smaller by some amount. Check it will give you the look you're after.

If it doesn't, and you're happy with your ability to use a grinder to shape tile cuts you can always cut a square out of the existing tiles to fit a new "square tile with a smaller round hole" in over the cut ends of the orange pipe and flush with the surrounding floor. Faff now but neater job overall, though you might have to do the collaring tile in two halves if you can't find a neat way of cutting a hole in it

Last edited:
Ah, you chose not to get a bottom-outlet pan.

The horizontal-outlets are much more common now, but have to be set forward of a vertical soil pipe.

Have you already bought it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back