tile a ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am tiling the ceiling of a shower cubicle, does anybody have any suggestions on special adhesives or tips for preventing them falling down. I have previously used masking tape but this is not suitable on this occasion.

Sponsored Links
Use a good quality cement based adhesive and don't be tempted to stick the to paint, they will fall off.

rosco said:
I am tiling the ceiling of a shower cubicle,
Mudster,

Am'I right saying the ceiling should be tank 100% if you're tiling the shower ceiling? I'm thinking if the ceiling is plasterboards then tiles will fall off eventfully with steam or am'I thinking wrong?

Don't see the point of tiling the ceiling though

Sponsored Links
Probably not a bad idea to tank it, but I don't think it's an absolute necessity.

It depends on the location, if it's an enclosed shower with no natural ventilation at all, then I'd like to see a slope in the ceiling anyhow, otherwise condensation builds up to such a level you have water hanging off the ceiling, with a slope it gently runs back down the wall into the tray.

In this situation it's effectively a steam cubicle and must be treated as suc (tanked)

If it's a regular open shower, not as necessary really, I'd just make sure I wasn't using heavy tiles and use something like BAL CTF3 or single part flexible to stick them up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back