Tile baton and quantity of roof tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got the chippies putting the roof up on my extension so thought I ought to think about getting some felt / baton and tiles!

Couple of questions - firstly, is there a "standard" size tile baton? Chippies have obviously gauged something to get the new part to meet the old, but they are away for a few days so can't ask them!

secondly - is there a simple tile calculator system? It's a bloomin complex shape so its going to be guesstimating anyway, but wanted to get close as I could. Area of the roof is ~60m2 and its using 10.5"x6.5" plain tiles, batons at 100mm.

Sponsored Links
As far as batten is concerned you need 25x38mm and for quantities, generally you need 60 tiles per square metre but you also have to take into account eaves and gables. Probably your best bet is to contact a roofing merchant (not a builders merchant) and they may well provide you with an FOC quantities list

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back