Tile Cutters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to purchase a cutter as I am tiling the bathroom.
Can anyone advise on power tool or hand cutters and which are the best buys or ones to avoid.There are so many on the market.
Budget £50 - £70

Sponsored Links
Depends on the tiles.

When I tiled my old bathroom (many years ago) in plain white 6" sq tiles I used a tile scribe,steel rule and hacksaw with tile blade.

If its only for the one job you could get away with these (again depending on the tiles)

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...refview=search&ts=1232895470172&isSearch=true

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...refview=search&ts=1232895577778&isSearch=true

I had a little wet saw like that when I started tiling for a living and used it on all the smaller stuff,did loads of bathrooms and kitchens with it lasted about 18 months,well worth the money.

Can anyone advise on power tool or hand cutters and which are the best buys or ones to avoid.There are so many on the market.
Budget £50 - £70

i have a number of tile cutters from dry to wet tile cutters but all of eight years of tiling you cant beat the angle grinder, some people say
you don't get a nice cut with them, but i have had three grinders now and as long as its faster then 600watt and you use good ceramic diamond cutting discs (not like diamond discs from lidle/aldi or rockbottom) that tend to disintegrate after 5- 10 cuts you get the job done!

oddly enough i use an angle grinder for tricky angle cuts and a regular rubi style, score and snap for the straights.

it is possible to get ok results with the angle grinder but edges can end up pitted. keeping the blade cool is the key.

the hand held wet cutters are brill, our tiling contractor uses one.

Sponsored Links
Budget £50 - £70

If your a DIYer the plasplugs pro tiler is a good little wet saw, my dad got one last year cos he didnt want to use our rubi dw250 table, too big! Did his whole bathroom & kitchen using it, changed the blade to a decent diamond one & did everything he needed it to. Think they cost approx £50.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back