Tile edging strip.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing as advised, and in the bathroom not taking up the old tiles i put down on the floorboards 10yrs ago, but tiling on top, now my problem is the tile brass colored edging strip under the door, she wants a satin silver strip this time, do i break the old strip out or simply ignore it and fit the new strip on top?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
, now my problem is the tile brass colored edging strip under the door, she wants a satin silver strip this time, do i break the old strip out or simply ignore it and fit the new strip on top?

Thanks in advance.

who advised you to tile over the existing tiles i dont know, but i would not have advised you do that mate, also i hope you realise that you will have a step at the door now, height of adhesive and new tile.

I put the question on here a few months ago, this was one of the replys

peterperfection

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:38 pm Suggest this forum post (or topic) be incorporated into the Wiki Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Nothing at all wrong with tiling over tiles .
ANY tiler will tell you that . Best surface you can get to tile on.
I have done lots and lots- with no problems at all.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/tiling/bathroom-tiles.333988/#ixzz2JeGyHFQf

I just picked up on this from that now defunct kids sex jab thread.
So-- I will confirm and stand by what I said about tiling over tiles .
Tiling over tiles is the best possible result-in 99% of cases.
if the overtile raises the floor level- SIMPLY -get the bloody circular saw out and shave a bit off the bottom of the door.
Takes minutes .
If anyone says 'DONT tile over tiles'--they are chancers and blaggers and looking for a job in which they can inflate the price, 'and most probably short of work at that time'..
Ask any decent tiler- and they will tell you the same .
Regarding tiling over tiles on walls- - that takes a extra bit of 'other trades skills'.
Skirting boards and door 'arcs' come into the equation--but- iT really is overcome quite easily and can be made to look perfect.

Tiling is a 2 day training course--often learned in HMPrisons .

Sponsored Links
I just picked up on this from that now defunct kids sex jab thread.
So-- I will confirm and stand by what I said about tiling over tiles .
Tiling over tiles is the best possible result-in 99% of cases.
if the overtile raises the floor level- SIMPLY -get the bloody circular saw out and shave a bit off the bottom of the door.
Takes minutes .
If anyone says 'DONT tile over tiles'--they are chancers and blaggers and looking for a job in which they can inflate the price, 'and most probably short of work at that time'..
Ask any decent tiler- and they will tell you the same .
Regarding tiling over tiles on walls- - that takes a extra bit of 'other trades skills'.
Skirting boards and door 'arcs' come into the equation--but- iT really is overcome quite easily and can be made to look perfect.

Tiling is a 2 day training course--often learned in HMPrisons .

PMSL.....ere.....ya nugget!!

Pred if your going to take Petererections advice......

Best off luck...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back