Tile slips down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm going to tile a window. My question is how do I tile the upper part of the window and prevent the tile slipping down? Upper part is the vertical part, not the part facing downward. Adding to the challenge is that the window's upper part is round.

Sponsored Links
Fix a timber batten across the window to support the tiles until the adhesive has gone off. Make sure it is perfectly level. If you have already tiled around the window then construct a simple timber frame to provide the support.

Fix a timber batten across the window to support the tiles until the adhesive has gone off. Make sure it is perfectly level. If you have already tiled around the window then construct a simple timber frame to provide the support.

The problem is the window is round! I don't have tools to make a round timber frame.

So it's an arched window? The same advice still applies. Use thin ply or hardboard to construct the arch then tile. I can't help you about the lack of tools though. Maybe you should have thought about the whole job before starting it.

Sponsored Links
Maybe some upvc trim about 75 - 100mm wide cut to the circumference of the window sprung into the reveal and tile to that.

Maybe some upvc trim about 75 - 100mm wide cut to the circumference of the window sprung into the reveal and tile to that.

Good idea. I have some plasterboards. I can cut the plasterboard as you mentioned and hold it up with a piece of wood.

or just stand there and hold the tiles until it set, with a heated fan and hope I would be there for only one hour... lol

Suprised no one suggested Sky hooks :D

Regards,
footprints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back