Tiled cupboard door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of a bathroom refit I have constructed a cupboard to store the inevitable bathroom clutter and I want to tile the door with the same tiles as the walls so it doesn't look too obvious. The door is about 150cm tall x 33cm wide.

The problem is that the door warps. I have made one door out of 18mm MDF, tiled it using standard bathroom tile adhesive, and that warped (despite being pinned down flat while the tiles set). I then tried 15mm marine ply, and that warped too.

Any ideas? Am I using the wrong type of adhesive? Or should I give up and use a piece of glass instread? I don't want to use any thicker material because the door would then protrude too much.

Cheers,

John

Sponsored Links
Hi

I'm wanting to do exactly the same thing in my bathroom so was searching for ideas on the internet and came accross your question. I know it was a few years ago now but did you ever resolve the problem? If so, how?

Any hints or tips you can give would be much appreciated.

Cheers

he's only posted once since joining so I don't think you're going to get a reply from him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back