Tiling a cloakroom floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all ,
I need to lay the princely total of 12 , 40cmX40cm tiles in our cloakroom .
Having had a look around the sheds today , the floor adhesive comes , understandably , in massive buckets/packets only . As I have to do some wall tiling as well , would it be possible to use the wall adhesive to do the floor ? Or is it really not up to the job .
I don't intend on doing any other floor tiling soon , so if I don't need to but a massive bucket/packet , that would be great . But if I do , so be it .

Thanks in advance :D

John

Sponsored Links
Wall tile adhesive is not suitable for floors unless it specifically says so and never use any premixed adhesive of any kind on floors. You can get powdered wall and floor tile adhesive that will do both - Feb do one that's excellent. But for ease of wall tiling you'd be as well using premixed adhesive.
For floors, use a powdered adhesive. You've got about 2 square metres of floor to cover - for what it costs, just get a 20kg bag (that way you'll not be making a trip back to the shop in case you run out with a 10kg bag). It should cost £10-£12 for a 20kg bag of standard stuff (and about £7 for a 10kg bag).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back