tiling a removable panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guy, i'm planning on putting my sink above the stairs in my bathroom. as you will see from my very bad diagram i will have a wall either side so i need to put a panel at the front, i need to be able to remove this just in case i ever get a problem.
I would like to tile it so that it looks like its part of the wall. the wife has suggested putting a small door under the sink but i think this will look rubbish as she has picked brown tiles.

What would you use to make this panel? how would you fix it? there will be a timber frame that i can attach it to.

also, what would you use for the counter top as she wants this tiled too.

any help would be great

Sponsored Links
Why not make the whole panel a door? Hinge it either left or right. It can still be tiled. You can use a loft catch to keep it shut.

I was thinking this myself after reading another post.

What would you suggest i use for the door? could i attach the hinges to an aquapanel or should i use wood?

thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks for that.
one more thing, what would you use for the counter top that i'm planning to stand the basin on, would you use aquapanel for that?

I tiled the end of a bath panel years ago, I held it in place with chrome domed mirror screws.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back