Tiling a shower enclosure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im about to start tiling the shower enclosure, and want some advise on the best way to do this.

The shower cubicle is 3 sided, walk in type. I have an 1400x800mm tray, so 2 walls at 800mm x 2000mm and 1 of 1400x2000mm.

I have a thermostat shower, which is concealed on one of the 800mm walls, I also have a feature tile which im going to run up the center of the mixer.

Im not planning to any brick bonding tile patterns, just straight up.

1.So, once ive done the feature wall, do i use the off cuts in the corners, 50mm ish to start the 1400mm wall, or do i just count this as a new wall and have even cuts at either end of the wall?????

2. On the 3rd wall that faces the wall with the feature tiles, would I be advised to copy the tile pattern, i.e 1 full tile in the center and a cut at either edge, or would i be better using 2 full tiles and working with a largish, 200mm cut onto wall 2???

for info my tiles are ceramic 300mmx200mm and im fitting them with the 300mm horizontal.

Hopefully this time next week, Ill be able to put my project pics up of my bathroom installed, by plumming, tiling and most of the other jobs Ive done, At the moment Im really happy with what Ive acheived.

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
have a read through the top post that is a "sticky" shoud help you get what you need here

Yeah, Ive read through the sticky, but still not sure if i should try to continue the pattern around the wall or treat each wall individually. and also should opposing walls be mirror images?

Sponsored Links
treat each wall as seperate.

and if the walls opposing are identical sizes then the will work out identical when you tile them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back