Tiling over PVC tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am about to start a job in my house which involves laying 33.3 cm square tiles over the top of well adhered PVC tiles on a concrete floor. I have been told that providing the PVC tiles are well cleaned down with sugar soap and properly dried off then I would not need to apply any primer to the PVC tiles before I lay the ceramic tiles. I am using a French tile adhesive (PRB) which has the classification C2S1 ET as this was recommended, I am using CG2 class gout for the 4mm tile spacing. Does this sound alright?

Sponsored Links
Hi
Using a French adhesive PRB monoflex HP the tech sheet says a primer is an optional aid to adherance and if the tiles are free from grease and dust etc no primer is required. I don't want to make a botch of the job but I have already spent £40 per 25kg bag on the adhesive. I do not invisage a heavy traffic over the floor since there is only me and swmbo in the house.

Not an adhesive I am familiar with, I assume it's flexible cement based, as it's for floors? If so (personally), providing the vinyl tiles are well fixed, then I would prime with SBR and tile within day of priming.

Sponsored Links
+1 on the primer. its not worth the hassle of not doing it. dont use PVA!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back