Tiling shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ALL.

I am replacing my shower tray, however as the width of the space is over 900mm I want to fit a new piece of plasterboard on top of the existing in order to make the shower tray fit more snugly. Is this practical? and can I then tile directly onto plasterboard?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You would be better to use a waterresistant board such as "Aquapanel" as this is not affected by any water that may get behind the tiles you can get it from Wickes.

Jason

my nearest Wickes is 20 miles away

there is a focus nearby, but they do not stock Aquapanel

I cannot find it on the B & Q website

I don't want to resort to plasterboard & pva seal prior to tiling , so can anyone tell me of any other stockists

What is the ( rough ) price per board ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
just refitted our bathroom and used aquapanel for around the freestanding shower.

The big B&Q's do sell it, comes in 900x1200 boards at 12mm thick. Very heavy stuff.

It works out a lot more expensive than palsterboard, I paid about £11 per sheet but yoyu will never have problems with water being soaked up behind your tiles - definite piece of mind

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back