Time between scratch and float coats render

U

User

Hello I have done a scratch coat internal render but had to leave it for a couple of weeks cus something came up.

Is it just a case of brushing more water than usual to the scratch coat then going over with the float coat as usual i.e. does it matter how much time you leave between scratch and float coat render? I hope not :(

The scratch has waterproofer in it.

Sponsored Links
doesn't REALLY matter how long you leave between render and scratch coat as long as the render has dried fully, all you need to do is consider 2 things when applying a coat of something onto something else.

SUCTION CONTROL AND KEY/ADHESION.

not sure why you used waterproofer for internal render but as you have done that should have killed the suction for you already and think you should be fine going straight onto in with bonding coat, the texture of the render and the properties of the bonding should be fine for adhesion.

try wetting a bit of the wall and see if it takes in much water, this will give you an idea if you will still need to wet down before floating, otherwise you could use WBA but an expensive option at £12 a tub.

do take another point of view though as i'm a relative newbie.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back