Time for a new boiler...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Worcester Bosch Highflow 400 is 10 years old and has broken down again.....Being a pessimist, it looks like we will need a new boiler sooner rather than later.
So; suggestions please from the forum. What boiler would you recommend as a replacement, based on the usual things: reliability, cost etc?
Also, who do you suggest as the best people to do the work? British Gas or somebody else?

Thanks for all ideas

Sponsored Links
If you want to keep boiler in same place then your options are very limited. Worcester make a new condensing version of the highflow, the 440RSF, perhaps someone else knows of another make producing a similar boiler but I don't. If you want to move your boiler then you will much more choice. Bear in mind that your highflow is a storage combi when comparing it to others.

Only use BG if you want to spend 30-50% more than a local installer would cgarge you!!

get several quotes and compare.

i hate the hiflow 400...dreadful boiler but i like the new version the 440. bear in mind its £1500 to buy one plus your install charges.

as gas4you said BG will undoubtedly be the highest quote but they will offer you 3-5 years reduced cost servicing within that quote. depends if that is important to you or not......if it isnt you are probably better off with a reliable independant.

Sponsored Links
If it's had a kitchen built round it, it'll be a hard enough job prizing it out, you'll never get another one wo go in it's place.

I have a 10 year old boiler in a flat and if I had to scrap it now I'd consider it a very bad investment. It only cost me £360 10 years ago, it's not a boiler you would attach reliabilty to but it's been abused by tenants for 10 years and not needed a thing. Ariston DIA.

If and when it does break down I'll fix it. When did we as consumers start to accept a 10 year lifespan from a central heating boiler? Send it back and demand a refund.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back