Time to replace pcb on boiler?

Sponsored Links
No it doesn’t, it’s the highest percentage of likelihood of the failure.

So you are saying Vaillant ought to have it at the top of the list? F61 indicates a gas valve failure, other possibilities are a wiring fault or PCB failure. Maybe Vaillant ought to mark an F61 as a PCB failure perhaps?

So what happens to this suspect PCB if the gas technician takes it away..... In some industries a suspect PCB would be destroyed on site to prevent it accidently re-used.
The old pcb is the customers property..Leave it with them.

So you are saying Vaillant ought to have it at the top of the list? F61 indicates a gas valve failure, other possibilities are a wiring fault or PCB failure. Maybe Vaillant ought to mark an F61 as a PCB failure perhaps?
That is where on the job experience counts.

Sponsored Links
So the OP has a faulty boiler, phones a gas engineer who diagnoses it over the phone, gives the customer a price which he agrees. Turns up and fixes the boiler for the agreed price, boiler is now working correctly................what's the problem??

YOU ARE PAYING FOR YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND GETTING A GOOD SERVICE!

Andy

I’m saying the information is there available, interpret how you will, the bar chart they provide is a bit of a giveaway. I work on these day in and day out, I know what I’d change for every F61 fault, without checking any of the other.

Last edited:
So what happens to this suspect PCB if the gas technician takes it away..... In some industries a suspect PCB would be destroyed on site to prevent it accidently re-used.
Some lads leave the old parts near the boiler so that any further visits , it is seen what has been changed, personally, I ask the customer if I can put it in their bin and mark up on the service record what has been changed, if they want to keep it great, I hate taking away scrap that I have to dump legally

I don't understand the problem, boiler fails, RGI turns up with correct part (which will have cost him around £200), repairs it job done.

OP hasn't been ripped off, and should ignore the armchair engineers/ conspiracy theorists that know f all about boilers, let alone F61 faults.

It is annoying when you have to shell out for something you're about to sell, but that's life.

F61 is 99% the pcb on the Ecotecs, armchair diagnostics count for nothing...experience is everything.

The rip off is not the repair person but the manufacturer of the PCB. Boiler PCB prices are astronomical. There is little more on them than in any other modern electronic device such as a radio costing around £30.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back