Time travel

Sponsored Links
I've just come back to the start of this thread to prove it can be done!! it wont mean anything to you guys in the past but for those in the future its amazing!!

I had a dream last night that I went back in time to 1965. Everything was authentic with all the old sweeties and shops etc.

Brilliant dream but thats all it ever will be as no one will be able to time travel EVER.

Stop watching Dr Who Zampa! ;)

In theory yes.
To the best of my knowledge you can (in theory) go forward.
But not back.

It does rely heavily on travelling near the speed of light 186000 miles per second. But it is proven in science and the effects are real.

If you are asking if (say) a human can travel to the year 2200, then probably not, not in our lifetime anyway.

Sponsored Links
Professor stephen hawkings says theoretically time travel is possible....errm i havent quite worked out how.....anyway watch startrek they do it all the time.........or quantum leap. :LOL:

Don't know about Time Travel but come to "Tim Travel" for all your holiday destinations! Cheap deals are our speciality. :D

does anyone remember that film where the modern american aircraft carrier enters the bermuda triangle and is catapulted back in time to the start of the jap air raid on pearl harbour........brilliant film and even more proof... :LOL:

South Pacific? Happy happy talk, talk about things you like to do :D

theoretically you would need to travel faster than the speed of light to achieve time travel.

impossible.

for ever.

alternatively you could try and bend the universe or find a worm-hole.

as said earlier, only going forward is theoretically possible.

If time travel existed then where are all the time travellers from the future?

Also there are all the paradoxes such as someone from the future alters the past which changes the future etc.

As time is relative to the individual, then there is pseudo-time travel whereby for instance, an astronaut leaves the earth travels at very fast speed for a few years, comes back and finds that he has aged say 2 years and the people on the earth have aged 10 years

And time is only a concept, it does not actually exist.

passage of time as a form of measurement exists for us humans.

the decay of matter over a period does not, as matter only alters and is neither destroyed or created.

I had a dream last night that I went back in time to 1965. Everything was authentic with all the old sweeties and shops etc.

Brilliant dream but thats all it ever will be as no one will be able to time travel EVER.

Stop watching Dr Who Zampa! ;)

christ youve got a good memory if you can remember that far back at your age
rofl5.gif

Didn't Hawking speculate that matter entering a black hole would be destroyed?

Then there is matter and anti-matter collisions, which will destroy each other

As for time, there is only what was, what is, and what is to be.

Didn't Hawking speculate that matter entering a black hole would be destroyed?

Then there is matter and anti-matter collisions, which will destroy each other

As for time, there is only what was, what is, and what is to be.

merely poetic licence and theoretical bluster.

give me hard physics!:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back