Sponsored Links
I did read the PDF although I have had times when my PC has not been able to read PDF and also when I read them they end up in the cashe so I try to avoid reading them if I can. Hence how I knew there were volt free contacts.

So with new wiring the photo cell will turn it on and the timer will switch it off, although I know it is something to do with load, I don't know if it is switching on or switching off which causes damage to the contacts, but at the price of the timer I would not really worry I would set it up and see how it goes, price of relay and box nearly equals price of timer. The way the timer works unfortunately I would say it is the switching off which is problem, contacts move too slow, switching on however is fast, which is really wrong way around for what you want. However a relay also has a coil it is not a resistive load so timer not suitable for powering relay in theroy. So I would just cross my fingers and be ready to renew the timer if it proves it will not take the load.

Thank's all, but I think I will hedge my bets in regards to the timer surviving switching the 70W HPS lamp. Also, why for omitting the PFC capacitor.

Use it for digging your hole, then, instead of your failed excuses here.

:whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back