Timer switch wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a switch which powers a small compressor for a Biodigester (waste tank). I have bought a timer that can be wired in but I'm having trouble working out the wiring.

There is a fused switch and my intention is to put the timer in between the fused switch and the compressor.

In the timer there is a block with four spaces. The diagram for the timer switch shows
1. Live output to appliance

2. Make link with a 1.5 sq mm wire to switch 240Vv AC ONLY. Should you wish to switch other than 240v AC do not use link to terminals 2&3. Feed the required switching voltage to terminal 2 and output from terminal 1.

3. Live from mains

4. Neutral from mains.

Can anyone help with the following......Numbers 1,3&4 are simple enough. Should the neutral to appliance be in 2 and then a link between 2&3? Should I connect the earths to a nearby water pipe ? (There are already earths connected to the pipes).[/b]

Sponsored Links
The neutral in from mains and the neutral out to the appliance both go into terminal 4

Link 2&3

Mains live in on term 3

Switched live out to appliance on term 1

You must also link the earth conductors together. Use a bit of insulated 'choc block'.

Simples!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back