Tiny cut/nick in 15mm copper pipe by accident, is it ok?

Speed fit are bulky you may have to cut a recess in the floorboard.

Sponsored Links
Personally, i don't trust speedfit or pushfit in general. You can get a brass compression repair coupler that does the same job that would avoid the need for heat. Screwfix have them.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/compress...Z-C1QKQVceyOeYenPaMaAgy5EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've been deep in the internet wormhole of whether speedfit is ok or not! In the end I decided to use it as my plumber said he would probably use it if I paid him anyway! He said it's used in new builds everywhere

I also found some speedfit fittings under the floor that must be 25 years old.

From what I've read compression fittings are not any more reliable when hidden

Sponsored Links
I've been deep in the internet wormhole of whether speedfit is ok or not! In the end I decided to use it as my plumber said he would probably use it if I paid him anyway! He said it's used in new builds everywhere

I also found some speedfit fittings under the floor that must be 25 years old.

From what I've read compression fittings are not any more reliable when hidden
It is used in new builds, mainly for speed. But i'd much rather rely on brass and copper than plastic and rubber O rings.

It is used in new builds, mainly for speed. But i'd much rather rely on brass and copper than plastic and rubber O rings.

The whole internet seems so divided on the whole issue. I wasted many hours!

But yes soldered copper joints are obviously preferable

Soldering a piece of copper wire that fits snugly into the slot will make a strong repair.

A piece of twin and earth cable could be a source of that wire

Soldering a piece of copper wire that fits snugly into the slot will make a strong repair.

A piece of twin and earth cable could be a source of that wire

I found some other threads on people who did the same thing, and everyone seems to say either cut and use a new coupler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back