Nicked copper pipe with fehn multitool repair with solder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, had an unexpected 22mm pipe under a floorboard that I was cutting with the multitool. It had been notched and was sitting very close to the surface hence even with the half moon tool it still nicked it and caused a slight leak. The nick is probably 3mm in length and obviously as deep as the guage of the copper. I have had a trial run on a repair on 2 copper pipes and pressurised to 4bar and affected a repair (even with larger cutss) just by cleaning the area, fluxing the area and running the solder into the cut. Is this a satisfactory repair as it is in a very awkward area or should I be looking to cut the pipe out and renew with two slip couplings?

Sponsored Links
Not sure how another post has been created very odd. Anyway here is a picture of the repair and the problem. On the one before the repair that isnt a crease in the copper it is the earth from a 2.5mm T&E cable to show the scale of the proplem

Sponsored Links
personally id cut the pipe where you nicked it and slide a slip joint on and blow it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back