tip needed to replace door phone

cluglue";p="3226993 said:
Hi..

I'd like a buying suggestion a simple phone with a buzzer I can mute. To replace this

This handset according to the instructions has a mute switch fitted to it ( switch on side of handset ) indicated by a red flag !

Sponsored Links
Nope. No such flag or switch. No switches on it at all.

I'm still none the wiser about how to quieten the buzz. I guess that would be the best outcome.

So what's the switch a couple of cm below the cable entry next to the au au connections ?

Ahhhhhhhh you're right. There is a switch! Amazing. I never saw it before, it's very discreet, and my device is placed right in a corner.

It has 3 settings. Top middle and bottom. Any idea what they each are?

Sponsored Links
Hi volume low volume and off for buzzer ! What you needed in first place ! Slide it all one way do you get a red indicator ? If so its off .

Thanks. Can't see due the wall next to it, but got there in the end. The switch itself is on the left side of the main unit, in the middle.

Just in case it might help others:
When switched down to middle position, this small dotted red card "flag"? pops out the bottom:
View media item 84772

And when in bottom position, I assume this is mute:

View media item 84773
Finding this out has been such a releif. Thank you all.

I give up on this peice of s***. The buzzer makes exactly the same sound in all 3 positions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back