tips for tee-ing off an existing 22mm copper pipe run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi gents, can anyone help me I want to tee off existing 22mm hot water supply for new bath but the pipe is clamped and Im worried that I wont be able to get the 22mm copper tee in place whilst existing pipework stays in situ

Im sure this is a standard problem that you plumbers come across every day so any tips please

thanks

Sponsored Links
a long way away - different room

I only have 15mm hot pipe near the new one and really need 22mm bath hot supply dont I or will 15mm give a decent flow rate ???

Sponsored Links
sorry gravity old style system and I just want to tee off a really close 22mm hot water supply pipe. All I need to know is how to cut existing pipe and somehow get a 22mm tee in the gap Ive cut which will be only about an inch wide . This will be tricky as pipe run is rigid and clamped to joists etc with not much give. I thought plumbers would come across this problem a lot and be able to recommend a fitting or method

Thanks

if you can't unclip it and get any play in pipe at all
cut the pipe where you want your tee then cut the pipe ferver along where you can access it, fit your tee then refit your piece of pipe using a slip coupler.

aaah a slip coupler - just lookedit up and thats what I need, it will allow me to move it along and out the way whilst I try and wedge the pipe in

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back