tips

Sponsored Links
you would know if you done an apprenticeship!! loads of diffrent ways but best finding your own an sticking to it. practice practice & practice :D

practice and remember the sizes, ie if you mostly use 600 high same manufacturer, work out the height of the top of the bracket from the top of the skirting to allow the bottom of the rad to be about 25mm above the skirting to allow for air circulation and cleaning, (always measure from skirting not floor as this saves you changing dimension for different height of skirting)
place the rad where it is going (get the customer to agree, this saves a lot of time when you get asked to move it a wee bit to the right :evil: ) lean the rad forward and mark the centre of the bracket clip, move rad to the side, level a line up to height of bracket, mark both brackets, fit brackets and rad, job done

For height make a stick up pre drilled for rad brackets and cut the length as appropriate for your preference on hight of rad.

for left to right position of brackets mark centre measure either side mark centre of hangers, remember brackets always to same side of this line. i.e.. to right of it, on each sioe so hold left edge of stick to line, onto skirting at each bracket position drill through it's predrilled holes.

Leave compression olive of tails loose so you can bang trv and lockshield with hammer to position left or right as you pipe up to make pipe exactly vertical.

as you walk away of the rad ensure bleed valve is shut and lockshield is open appropriate amount acording to position on system, and trv is open. So that when it comes to filling up you don't have to unnecessarily walk system again before commencing to fill.

If you don't hang your own rads you will have to walk system as other people cannot be trusted where water or gas is conscerned..

Sponsored Links
like i said find your own way,these two are giving you it as they do it an by george it seems long winded!! but it suites them so great but every plumber on here could give you a way of doing it all diffrent ways two!:cool:

Whichever way you choose to hang them you should comfortably be able to hang 6, off the back of the lorry, on the wall including tails on, in under an hour. Without running :LOL:

Whichever way you choose to hang them you should comfortably be able to hang 6, off the back of the lorry, on the wall including tails on, in under an hour. Without running :LOL:

Pick the pace up Tamz :rolleyes:

Hung, dressed, piped, flushed and filled 52mins :LOL: :LOL:

Pick the pace up Tamz :rolleyes:

Hung, dressed, piped, flushed and filled 52mins :LOL: :LOL:

Thats the pace for the boy. By the time he is in his 2nd year i would expect an average of 3 minutes /rad, without using nails ;) :LOL: :LOL:

dont bother with brackets, hole in all 4 corners, plenty of silicone and screw it straight to the wall. approx 6 mins per rad.

I get one bracket up where I want it and work off that, you got everything you need from that one bracket then. Job done. Hanging a rad with tails should not take anything longer than 10 minutes!

like i said find your own way,these two are giving you it as they do it an by george it seems long winded!! but it suites them so great but every plumber on here could give you a way of doing it all diffrent ways two!:cool:

like a lot of our tasks it is far easier to do it than describe it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back