TO CHANGE THE OIL NOZZLE IN A RIELLO 40 SERIES BURNER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I can clean out my boiler etc, but not sure about changing the oil nozzle.
Anyone out there explain in laymans terms how to change the nozzle in a Riello 40 Series domestic oil burner.. I can take out the burner etc but not sure which protruding screw is the nozzle :-/ thanks!

this is the model 40g series http://www.rielloburners.co.uk/index.php3

Sponsored Links
Once burner is out there is a cylindrical tube (blast tube) housing the burner nozzle. You will need to remove the blast tube ( usually a couple of allen key screws) and you will see the nozzle. A hexagonal shape , brass coloured (if not too black) with hole in middle. Simply undo with spanner and replace. *** NOTE*** Make sure you replace nozzle with one of the same size AND simply cleaning out boiler ISN'T servicing!!! Boiler should have a full combustion test too - especially if changing nozzle size as boiler settings will change too.
Cure

thanks for that feedback. Was going to change nozzle last year but couldn't be sure which part or nut to loosen. So the blast tube is round?If there is no tube with allen keys will it undo any other way? I will try and remove nozzle and replace with identical one. boiler has been running perfectly.Not "serviced" by other than me for three years. I basically try and remove all ash and reseal flue pipes etc with fire cement. Difficult to get someone reliable over here to do the job at a convenient time.....

The blast tube on a Riello 40 burner is held in by two philips screws. Do NOT use a posidriv screwdriver, as you will not get the screws out easily if you round the heads. If it is running ok, don't bother changing the nozzle. If you change the nozzle the new one might be faulty (unlikely but possible).

If you can't get someone to do the work, you could buy a smoke pump which will allow you to set it up, near enough, but you might need a pressure gauge if you ever do anything with the pump.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Oilman...

Current nozzle is probably in situ for at least 3 years and boiler running ok.What is usual symptom when it needs changing? As far as pumps and other probs go I'll definately call an expert from somwhere!

Cheers

I have this same boiler burner, but not ver confident with the oily bits.

Do you have a call out serivce oil man?

duncanT said:
I have this same boiler burner, but not ver confident with the oily bits.

Do you have a call out serivce oil man?

Yes.

oh silly me I should have asked what area you cover, i'm in Berkshire - is that close? or can you recmmend anyone?

I could, but it would be rather expensive.........

Thanks for that Oilman...

Current nozzle is probably in situ for at least 3 years and boiler running ok.What is usual symptom when it needs changing? As far as pumps and other probs go I'll definately call an expert from somwhere!

Cheers

In reply about pumps the riello 40 series pump runs on same pressure for ALL nozzles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back