To do or not to do - Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Converting my Kitchen and Dining room onto one.

Two part question:-

1)
Removing the dividing wall and the old kitchen outfit, also the old vinyl floor tiles.

The whole floor will then be screeded ready for Vinyl wood grain effect strips.

My problem is, the Vinyl flooring suppliers say to lay the floor up to the new kitchen units edge and the kitchen suppliers say lay wall to wall and the units sit on the vinyl.

So any advice of who is right....

2)
Removed old kitchen units and found wall vents through to the outside wall from within one of the units.

As we have a new Worcester condenser boiler with a fan vent, with this boiler could I block the vents. The Gas board have never asked or checked these vents, if thats why they are there.

So any advice of whether to block these off or not...

thanks

Sponsored Links
The floor is laid up to kitchen units unless you have exposed kitchen leg design in mind.Up to wall under free standing appliances.
Personally I always retain vents where possible, blocking them serves no purpose.

Thanks,

The Kitchen is being fitted by Wickes.
The Washing machine and Dish washer are integrated also there is a free standing Range cooker and an American fridge.

So the area's under the W/mc, D/w, Cooker and Fridge need to be laid. Correct ??

thanks

Integrated appliance don't need flooring below, though if you have spare then it helps when they are being pulled out for service to have floor all the same level.

Sponsored Links
Integrated appliance don't need flooring below, though if you have spare then it helps when they are being pulled out for service to have floor all the same level.

..and for the extra cost involved (which may be next to nothing if off-cuts can be used) it certainly makes life easier - many times I have struggled to pull out an appliance and have damaged the flooring in doing so - especially a full but broken down washing machine...!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back