To Megaflow or not to Megaflow - that is the question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will soon be putting a second and third bathroom into the house and I have been told that my combi boiler will struggle to provide sufficient hot water if 2 or 3 showers are going at the same time. It has been said that a Megaflow would be the answer. Seeing as I have no idea what a Megaflow is other than being a hot water tank that delivers water with a certain amount of pressure, I was wondering what the general thoughts might be.

How much work would be involved in fitting one? Can I keep my existing Combi Boiler? Has anyone had one fitted and how much did it cost?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
COuple of thousand probably. But focus on the water flow you need and whether your mains can supply it. Add up flows at all mains cold taps, kitchen + outside, usually.

You could put one on the back of your combi for the time being, don't know how old it is.

But as Chris says, the performance improvement you are going to see is primarily down to the incoming water flow rate into the house versus your simultaneous usage requirements.

Don't restrict your choice to the Baxi Megaflo; for instance we prefer cylinders from Ariston Primo, Vaillant uniSTOR, OSO and Viessmann.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back