To Vent or Not To Vent?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Nice to meet you all. This is my first post so please go easy on me!

I'm fitting a loo and basin into a single-storey building in the garden. A drainage contractor has done a nice job of connecting into the sewer (leading to a private treatment plant) so I now have a 110mm pipe coming up through the floor behind where the toilet will go.

My question is whether and how I need to vent this: do I need a full out-the-roof vented stack, an air inlet valve inside, or just an unvented stucb stack?

I can supply a diagram of where everything is if it helps but basically the pipe runs about 3 metres to a manhole - which has an inlet valve into it - and then a further 8 metres to the passing sewer pipe. It is about 12 metres from the fully vented soil stack at the head of the drain to the new connection.

What do people think is the best way to go? Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

Sponsored Links
You will need at least a stub stack so that you can fit the basin.
Use a Durgo valve on the top of it.

Thanks waterworks.

Will a Durgo valve pass building regs, do people think, bearing in mind the distance to the full vent?

Many thanks for your help.

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back