Today UK Deaths 359 vs EU 27 of 314

Do those figures indicate people that have died with Covid or died because of Covid?
This is a good point.

Detailed research in Iceland has led to the conclusion that 90% of their 'Covid deaths' would have happened anyway.
Maybe a few weeks later, but inevitable anyway.

What helps if you have detailed analysis and simple presentation of the results.
That also helps with public confidence!

Link

Sponsored Links
I think the data will be just as reliable from the rest of the EU countries as our own - which is probably not all that reliable! and I would guess we are all under-reporting. I certainly don't trust what our gov is telling us, I don't think any of them can tell the truth. Just shameful really, I'm totally disappointing in how we are performing as a country, Boris is up there with Trump and Bolsonaro when it comes to idiots in charge.

And the black lives matters protests in London yesterday are not going to help - couldn't quite believe what I was watching on TV last night, one of the most vulnerable groups to Covid marching, many without masks or social distance, chanting stuff like 'I can't breath'. Has our country went completely mental?

Please explain your understanding of 'Covid’ deaths.
Do you honestly not think your questions ought to be directed at UK Government, ONS, Worldometer, etc?
My understanding of Covid deaths is not the understanding that is used to report the number of deaths in UK.
Therefore my understanding is more or less irrelevant, and I suspect you are employing diversionary tactics again.

However, you seem to want to apply some discretion as to the cause of deaths. Perhaps in order to distract attention away from the numbers.
Is that not getting bogged down in the minutiae of the application of discretion, and therefore further fudging of the number of 'Covid' deaths?

I don't know what efforts UK made to cancel the Cheltenham Festival. Do you?
Nor the footie match that was attended by thousands of fans from Madrid. Madrid! Now wasn't that a Covid hot spot at the time?

Sponsored Links
Carping on about not making comparisons and then mentioning we are lagging behind the EU is making a comparison. (y)

Slightly off-topic, and not defending either BoJo or Cummings....
Nor will the following excuse the "strategy" that the UK gov. embarked upon.

SWMBO was speaking to a couple last night, who are friends of ours. 40 somethings, and both quite fit and active. Both frontline NHS, who both had (relatively-mild, and confirmed) Covid in April. Both back at work.
Still physically fatigued (to the point where they just want to go to bed), but more worryingly, still very "foggy" in their mental faculties.
One said that, while out walking with their kid the other day, they saw a woodpecker. They knew it was a woodpecker, but they couldn't actually say the word.........

And BoJo was reportedly much more seriously afflicted with the virus. I have thought that he doesn't look "there" (even worse than previously), when I've seen him on the telly. Perhaps Cummings was similarly handicapped, when he made his ill-judged sortie oop north....

Delirium is associated with inflammation of the blood vessels, which we know is caused by Covid. Very common in older people after general anaesthetic. There’s a good chance people will recover within 3-6 months, but it. CAn be permanent.

Get Killing done.

What an astonishing statistic. The UK has reorded more deaths today than the EU 27 combined. Thats a country with a population of 66m vs a bloc with a population of 450m.

JO4Cdu.jpg

No they haven't.

It's been exposed by the FT as fake news, total ******, crapola, rubbish, lies etc etc etc.

FT's data guru has exposed reporting on the continent to be littered with flawed data.

If England adopted Spains 'new method', daily deaths for UK would not be 359, the daily deaths would be 20

Again, using Spains reporting method, England, having 13% of the population of Europe, would have 6% of the death rate.

Apparently this story originated on BBC's Newsnight, they should know better, fake news helps no-one.

Still physically fatigued (to the point where they just want to go to bed), but more worryingly, still very "foggy" in their mental faculties.
One said that, while out walking with their kid the other day, they saw a woodpecker. They knew it was a woodpecker, but they couldn't actually say the word.........

The brain being effected has been mentioned. Various degrees of fatigue - and well past that such as can't walk very far, at all or gets short of breath. Going to hospital and out fairly quickly has it's fun aspects as well from a few interviews - getting the impression that they wont get through it alive. I wonder how many would have made it without treatment.

Defending the uk's approach isn't easy.

It's been exposed by the FT as fake news,
Got a link to that?
Yahoo are still reporting it as Sir Galahad presented it.

The UK just reported more COVID-19 deaths in one day than the whole of the EU combined
https://in.news.yahoo.com/uk-corona...VeFONBChhDNwL9892TphaabF5EUKuREBkSwqiQwtcNDmm
And Newsweek
U.K. Has More Coronavirus Deaths in One Day Than All EU Countries Combined
https://www.newsweek.com/uk-has-more-coronavirus-deaths-one-day-all-eu-countries-combined-1508534
And Metro
UK reported more deaths yesterday than all of 27 EU nations combined
https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/04/uk-reported-deaths-yesterday-27-eu-nations-combined-12803278/
And the Times
UK declares more coronavirus deaths in one day than EU states combined
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/uk-declares-more-deaths-in-one-day-than-all-eu-countries-combined-6sf7bbcrs
And I'm sure, many more.

Last edited:
The UK has reorded more deaths today than the EU 27 combined.

No they haven't.

It's been exposed by the FT as fake news, total ******, crapola, rubbish, lies etc etc etc.

Got a link to that?

Your link to the FT supposedly exposing Sir Galahad's linked article as your words, "fake news, total ******, crapola, rubbish, lies etc etc etc"
"Flawed data casts cloud over Spain’s lockdown strategy "
https://www.ft.com/content/77eb7a13-cd26-41dd-9642-616708b43673
The article that you linked to, evidently, is not remotely relevant to Sir Galahad's article. Did you read it?

Sponsored Links
Back