Toilet drainage problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at the feasability of fitting an extra toilet in a large cupboard in our bungalow. It is against an outside wall, directly over the main sewer which is about 2metres down, with an inspection pit very close by. Does it need a vent stack pipe, and can this be outside? Also, does the waste pipe need taking down and sweeping into the discharge ( this would be difficult to achieve ) or can it discharge straight down, perhaps with a 45degree bend to direct effuent "downstream" ? Jeff

Sponsored Links
It does not need a vent stack, provided there is another vent at the head of the drain.

It can be fitted to the chamber via a vertical drop fixed to the interior chamber wall.

This pipe will need a rodding tee at the point of entry into the chamber and be directed into the run of flow using a suitable bend at the bottom.

This bottom bend will need to be mechanically fixed to the drop pipe to stop it coming off and blocking the channel.

P.S. make sure that the bend at the bottom does not interfere with the flow of the channel.

Sponsored Links
Yes Understand that. Just to ask again, is it in order to have the waste pipe outside, with the rodding point at the right angle where the pipe comes through the wall and drops down to the chamber?Jeff

Yeah, about right Jeff.

Summat similar-ish to the image on the right.

DropManhole.png

Hi, thanks for the drawings. Only difference will be mine will have to go through the "roof" of the pit which is about 2ft below ground level, clamped to the lower section of the pit wall, with the rod point just above ground level. I've found a slow bend specifically for the bottom of the pipe to direct into the sewer run at Screwfix. So looks good. Thanks for the help, Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back