Toilet Fill Value and Sink Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

When I run the taps (hot or cold) in my bathroom sink upstairs, or in the kitchen downstairs, the fill value in my toilet cistern starts making a squeaking type of sound and sometimes the pipes will start to make hammering noises. The radiator in the same bathroom is also losing heat and needs to be bled on occasion. I'm not sure if the two issues are related.

could this all be caused by air in the system? There also seems to be a very small amount of water leaking into the toliet bowl.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
A small amount of water going into the pan means your float valve is open all the time and the different noises are probably just due to pressure change as it runs. Your flush valve is not sealing fully shut so the cistern is constantly topping up!

You need to fix the flush valve that is leaking. Either it needs cleaning up or a new seal.

Edit: The radiator issue should be isolated from the above

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back