Toilet flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I installed a new toilet not long ago. How come the flushing is not that strong? I have to hold the 2 buttons when flushing to get the maximum power. Even then the flush isn’t as strong as Id like it to be. My previous toilets flush use to be VERY STRONG!

Sponsored Links
There is no need to SHOUT!

Take your pick from
Design of toilet pan and cistern
Design of flush valve regarding releasing water
Level of water in cistern requires adjusting
Flush valve needs adjusting

Mate
There is no need to SHOUT!

Take your pick from
Design of toilet pan and cistern
Design of flush valve regarding releasing water
Level of water in cistern requires adjusting
Flush valve needs adjusting
mate relax. It might sound like I am shouting but I like to write that way by adding exclamation marks. You chill out

When the Flushing Toilet was a relatively new concept, the Victorians designed them with a High Level Cistern, which, when flushed sent a tsunami into the pan and was devastatingly effective at clearing whatever was deposited. Then we tidied things up and went to Low Level cisterns, then tidied up a bit more and went to close coupled.

Then some bright spark had the idea of reducing the flush volume to 7 then 6 litres to save water. Only it doesn't as you need to flush the bleddy thing several times to clear the pan, which actually means you end up using 12-18 litres of water, up to twice what would have been used had the tried and tested concept of a 2 gallon flush been retained.....

Sponsored Links
Might have hurt your feelings
:LOL::LOL::LOL: ... time to come off your high horse ... my feelings are fine .... more like it's your feelings that have been bruised.

Was only pointing out that it was the CAPS in your post that means shouting in this forum, not the exclamation marks!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: ... time to come off your high horse ... my feelings are fine .... more like it's your feelings that have been bruised.

Was only pointing out that it was the CAPS in your post that means shouting in this forum, not the exclamation marks!
Alright mate. Relax yourself. Just joking around! Relax

What type of toilet is it? I once cut the flush pipe too long. It went too far into the bowl and limited the flush flow.

Otherwise as per suggestions above

Hi there. I installed a new toilet not long ago. How come the flushing is not that strong? I have to hold the 2 buttons when flushing to get the maximum power. Even then the flush isn’t as strong as Id like it to be. My previous toilets flush use to be VERY STRONG!

Check you have maximised the water depth by adjusting the fill valve

I find the Flapper valve gives the most powerful flush for any particular pan, it is supremely simple.

But pan designs vary.

IME pans from the best UK makers are better than no-name imports and budget offerings.

I have been especially pleased with Twyfords although they are now owned by Geberit they are still making a lot of the existing designs, including E100 which flushes well even with low water volumes.

p.s.
Eat more fruit.

What type of toilet is it? I once cut the flush pipe too long. It went too far into the bowl and limited the flush flow.

Otherwise as per suggestions above
Its like this one here
DE885F77-17BC-4946-A4E8-6F3DC0DF5C00.png

I didn’t read the link but just had a quick look. 19 pages, yes 19. I’m very impressed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back