toilet handle!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one help me please......all I want is a period style toilet handle for a concealed cistern...not a tall order I thought but it seems impossible to find. Anyone any ideas? The toilet cistern I had comes with a 315mm metal rod for fixing it but I want a handle with some white china on it.

Ok I have a standard length one and a plumber available...how can it be done please?

Sponsored Links
there is a way to do it, but it will be a lot of work just to get it to look as you want it and then that is depending on if you can find a standard length handle with white china lever

dafoffsetlever.jpg_small.jpg
is available from http://www.lunns.net/cisternspares/.

I would consider sliding a piece of steel tube (square tube if possible) over the end of the shaft, drilling through the whole lot and fixing with self-tapping screws. Fit the shaft you have in t'other end of the tube and fix it the same way.

Or see if you can dismantle the handle and reassemble it on the shaft you have.

Sponsored Links
If you can get some thin wire cable, like brake cable off a old bike,

and a pully rigged up on a bracket (from Meccano Set maybe)

then fix your standard handle to the panel but fix the inner lever back to front, ie faceing the same way as the outer lever.
then fix cable to syphon over pully and down to inner lever on handle

Its a lot of messing about but I have seen this setup before and it does work
I bet your Plumber tells you were to go!!!
Good luck with your new project

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back